Tuesday 22 April 2014

Mid Month Montage: All things Easter

A slightly different format to this Mid Month Montage as I am going to be sharing a classic easter related recipe!
At uni I rarely buy chocolate so coming home to cupboards filled with easter treats was pretty great and with my sisters help I thought it would be a nice idea to make chocolate nests to give to my family. I am sure this is something that everyone has seen before, but incase you haven't, or have been wanting to do some 'no bake' baking, here is my version of easter chocolate nests! (based on a recipe found on BBC Food)

You will need:
- 225g chocolate (I used what was in the cupboard so it was a mix of dark and milk)
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 75g rice crispies (other cereals can be used: shredded wheat, cornflakes etc)
- mini eggs

The making part is simple. 

- Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a bowl over simmering water
- Add in the rice crispies until they are suitably covered. I added more than the recipe said because there was still a lot of chocolate that was unmixed
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases. I pressed the mixture to the side to create a small dent in the middle so they look like nests
- Finally, add a little trio of mini eggs in the centre!!

I hope you enjoyed this post and had a great easter!




2 comments: