Tuesday 20 May 2014

Mid Month Montage: Revision

With the exam period of the year in full flow, mine included, I thought it would be apt to focus my Mid Month Montage on the topic. Being in my first year of Uni I have a fair few years of revision experience under my belt, with some good experiences and a handful of bad ones! 

The last few days have been amazing, and I would totally recommend getting outside and revising whenever you can. It makes you feel so much better! And take breaks... your body needs them, staying focussed on revision all day every day is not helpful at all - I always try to do different things than usual during my breaks: walks, cycles, finding new little cafes to garb a bite to eat!

(excuse the iPhone photos, I left my camera charger at home! Bad Blogger!!)

- Being in Cardiff I have the beautiful Bute Park to spend sunny days in. It's amazing how relaxing it is and how much more work I get done than when I'm in the Library! I have previous post with more pictures if you want to have a look!

- One tip I would give is that getting out of your house is great and don't be scared to go to the library!. I have been revising in the library and it's great. I do have an unfortunately small desk in my room which means I have even more incentive to be here! The librarians are great too :)

- I really recommend doing something new! I gave myself a break on Sunday and wondered over to the Riverside Market near the Stadium in Cardiff. I have never been before but have been aware of it for ages. It was great.. and there were many little stalls selling things from goats milk ice cream to Indian Takeaway! It was a great relaxing break and I left with a lovely chocolate croissant!

- This blog post seems to be very food themed but hey, everyone eats! ha. Cardiff Uni have been giving out free drinks/ice lollies as part of their #revisionaid scheme. On Friday we have a petting zoo appearing outside the library! I can not wait 

- Finally, as I said above try to venture out of the norm and even if you are alone go and try new cafe's or places to eat. I found myself in BB's Coffee and Muffins, not eating a muffin but trying their paninis. It was pretty good and even though I was alone I passed the time by people watching!

These aren't really tips, more a list of things I like to do when revision becomes a priority, but I hope they have been an inspiration!
To all of you that have exams coming up I wish you good luck! I can't wait for it to be over in 2 weeks time! 


4 comments:

  1. Breaks are super important! :) I used to really like going to coffee shops and spending some time outside when I was in the midst of exam season as well! It really did help! (Good food can indeed help too ;) haha)
    Good luck with your exams!!

    Cachoo Joo // CACHOO JOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I only have 1 left so summer is getting closer!!

      Delete
  2. I go to uni in Wales too but unfortunately we don't have free food or a petting zoo :( I'll have to visit the market at some point though :) I hope your exams are all going well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of any other Uni's that do it! Has been great fun though! Exams are all finished now!! Woo!!

      Delete