Friday 12 July 2013

Day Out #1... | Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013


Lifestyle post - YAY! These are by far my favourite kind of post to read and after having a wonderful day out yesterday I thought it would be suitable to make it into a blog post.

Goodwood Festival of Speed is held every year and showcases many different types of cars and motorbikes, from the old classics to the new Formula 1 Cars and many other cars more suitable for everyday use! Although I know near to nothing about cars and don't have the desire to really understand how they work due to the fear of it scaring me off of driving, it was still a great day out - made better by the continuing heatwave England is being graced with at the moment.

By going on the Thursday it meant that we managed to get in for free, however there was no racing taking place on the hill climb track. Nevertheless, all of the cars were still there on show and who doesn't like admiring shiny cars! If I could, I would name some of the cars we saw, however all I know is that the car pictured into the bottom left was very shiny and the most unique looking Peugeot I have ever seen! Who would have thought they could also be the manufacturers of the rather less wonderful Peugeot 106!

Another highlight to the day was discovering a new flavour of Pimm's! On the can it looks very intriguing - who would have thought that Blackberry and Elderflower would fit in with the fruits and flavours unusually associated with Pimm's. However, it was surprisingly good and I would wholeheartedly recommend it being tried over the original Pimm's flavour - even if just to add something a little different to hot summer evenings!

Well, if you came here for a low-down on cars and their specs I am sorry that you have been disappointed but if you are after tips for good days out in and around West Sussex/Surrey/the South I would really recommend visiting any of the events at Goodwood.

Hope you are all having good summers!





No comments:

Post a Comment